Paul Henckler of Paric presented at our well attended monthly meeting. He talked with us about what to say and do during a scope review meeting with a general contractor.
The main points were…
1) Be truthful – don’t say “Yes” if the answer should be “No, I did not include that” and don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know but will check and get back to you”.
2) Waiting to discuss “bad news” is a mistake
3) Be prepared – know your scope and be able to discuss details, scheduling, long lead items and any imminent price increases.
4) Document discussions for later reference.
5) Subcontractors are the experts for their scope who will help to make the job successful if open and complete communication is provided throughout the project.
During and after Paul’s program many questions were asked and answered, displaying a lot of interest in this topic.
Tom Finan and Dede Hance of Construction Forum STL a big THANK YOU! for allowing us to hold this meeting at their office.
We hope to see you at our November 16, 2018 meeting!
Remember to follow us on Social Media.
Thanks so much to all who attended our September Kick-Off meeting! Representatives from all over the industry were represented and had networking opportunities as well as learned a lot from Cameron Beattie of Tarlton Corp.s’ presentation. See more details about our October Meeting at ConstructSTL Office on Oct. 19, 2018 in the posts on this blog.
You can get updates about the ASPE Ch. 19 St. Louis Chapter through our Linked In and Facebook Groups.
This website is still under construction currently, but more information about joining the ASPE (American Society of Professional Estimators) can be found at:
Join the American Society of Professional Estimators (St. Louis Ch. 19) Oct. 19 at 7:30am at ConstructSTL Office for networking and discussion.
Guest Speaker: Paul Henckler – Purchasing Director of Paric Corp.
Topic: How to Prepare for a Buyout Clarification Meeting with a GC
Breakfast and fees included with admission: $20 flat fee
Linked In: ASPE St. Louis Chapter 19 –
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
John Smith – President / Three14-393-9293
Share this event on Facebook and Twitter.
We hope you can make it!
ASPE St. Louis Metro Chapter 19